Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reason over came me

This morning while I was eating my "Southern Skillet" and strawberry crepe at village Inn I over heard a conversation that kept me thinking all day.

Two slightly stocky men dressed in work dirty jeans and tee shirts sat in the booth next to me. I don't know when I started listening, but was probably paying attention to their entire conversation because my newspaper wasn't very interesting. Any way I heard



he made millions in software and was going to open a restaurant in France but received a message from God that he was to build the biggest church in Utah and bring the truth to this state full of good people that are being carried down the road to hell.

how big?

something like 4500 seats...


He told me that God want me to be wealthy and that if I believe I will be.

Two days later I got a contract for (I could not hear how much money)...

I do not want to be skeptical but how do you explain that?



I wanted to jump into that conversation and explain ... but instead I just listened...
a little later in the conversation

My new guy slammed my new trailer into my new backhoe, wrecked it ...


I wanted to ask the guy why god likes him so much one day and hates him the next. But thought better of it

1 comment:

djinn said...

What I tell you, God/Courtney? Notice the resemblance? The bitchiness, the genius, the lame worn at inapprioriate times, and those promises he can't keep......