Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mexico City

Looking out my plane window as we climb out of LA I see vertical and horizontal white cement, tall things in grouped lines, low tangles of other bitty  specs, all white tones
Rich blue on the rightI and I think there was a pod of whales,I'm speculating of course, because there is no way for me to know what those white and grew blobs are. 

I know geography well enough to understand that the next time I look out the window, when the movie I'm watching on the seat mounted iPad like screen pauses and the Vegas like interior of the plane becomes apparent. I'm in modern space age Mexican space and time machine.  

Low flat w ring of mountains a vast city with specks of color everywhere, disorganized looking streets and buildings

Chinese, Korean and Spanish conversations going of all around are comforting, I have almost no expectation of being understood. The calmness and home that I last felt when hitch hiking,  

Manolos tacos, pastor ( beef and pork) stacked on a vertical spit like gyro lamb.  And a Leon cervesa.   

It's as as home as I know.



No comments: